Monday 16 June 2014

Day 83

Day 83

Three more days of classes, then they have their math exam. I find this time of year can be so tough. Many students just don't seem to care. I think that's the big thing for me - I seem to care more than they do. And that stresses me out. I have no idea what to do differently to change their attitudes. So, if you any of you have suggestions, please let me know! Despite that, we did do some work today. Tomorrow they will have an opportunity to test on only those expectations where they are weak. However, I told them that they would all write the "Manipulate algebraic expressions, as needed to understand quadratic relations." portion. I only evaluated this expectation once, so I would like them all to get a second crack at it before the exam. 

We worked on expanding and simplifying binomials and talked about the relationship between the equation of a quadratic and its graph. It was rather like pulling teeth (see comment above), but we did get through it.



Then we factored a couple of binomials using algebra tiles. They seem to be pretty good at that.

I have not been counting down the days at all, but I think I just started to!


No comments:

Post a Comment