Friday 6 June 2014

Day 77

Day 77

Today we worked on the questions I came up with. Well, some of them. I made 6 questions and copied them for students to glue in their comp books, but we only got through 2 and a bit today. It is increasingly difficult to get students to focus and work these days... So here are the questions we looked at, along with my solutions:


We actually made a table of values for each carnival first, then graphed. Here is mine using Desmos - note the pretty new axis labels : )


After graphing we solved algebraically then answered the question.


I was surprised by how many people were still unsure of the vocabulary surrounding a parabola. Must work on that again next week...


We got through 3a) but that was it for today. The good news is that I am ready for Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment