As many students had not finished yesterday's task, they continued to work on that today. This is where I find things get tricky. I need to provide meaningful work to those who did finish the task that will not disadvantage those who won't do it today. We did surface area and volume of rectangular-based prism in the first cycle so I put together a handout with more of that and surface area and volume of triangular-based prisms. These were good because they tied together sum of squares (Pythagorean theorem) with surface area. Some finished all that and got to work on unit conversions (ugh). It was fine, but I need to come up with a better strategy for these kinds of days.
I thought we should end on a positive note so we did a couple of Estimation 180 questions which were fun.