Tuesday 18 March 2014

MFM2P - Day 24

Day 24

I had planned on continuing solving systems of linear equations today - I wanted them to do one problem in their comp book and to create one of their own, also in their comp book, then work on some more challenging questions. But Thursday's first big test is looming and worrying me, so I changed plans this morning and created a review package for them during my prep period. It is very similar to the test but I felt this was needed as they haven't seen some of these topics since early February. My intent is to lessen their anxiety levels and to help them feel confident going into Thursday's test. So today they worked on the review questions, getting stuck on trig, having to look in their comp books to remember how to find missing lengths in similar triangles and generally helping each other out. It went well. They, for the most past, knew more than I thought they would and they all know what they struggled with. Tomorrow we will continue this process, including going over how to use graphing calculators to find the equation of a quadratic relation. I think they will be ready for Thursday. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment